January 19, 2009
January 18, 2009
January 16, 2009
The nation’s poor job climate continues to affect hip-hop heads at a growing rate, as Sony laid off recent hire Kyambo “Hip-Hop” Joshua yesterday (1/15).
At least 30 staff members were let go at Sony Global Digital Business and U.S. Sales and RED, according to Billboard.
A former Roc-A-Fella A&R, Joshua was named president of urban music at Sony Columbia in August 2007 and signed Jim Jones and Clipse to the label months later.
With both artists set to drop projects this year, no announcement has been made regarding who will head the urban department in Joshua’s absence. The veteran executive currently co-manages Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne through his and partner Gee Roberson’s imprint, Hip-Hop Since 1978. [XXL]
January 14, 2009
January 7, 2009
January 5, 2009
January 4, 2009
1. a video vixen revolution?! LOLOL
2. i spy with my little eye.. a chick who was on flavor of love
3. "screwing yourself out of another job" lol NICE.
4. this shit was shot 2 years ago. do you recognize any of these faces? me neither. shows you how lucrative the video girl profession really is.
5. are they serious about PLAY SISTERS?!!? THIS GIRL IS WEARING A BELLY SHIRT TO THE CEMETERY!
6. you don't see buffie, vida guerra, ki toy, esther baxter, melyssa, or superhead at this low rent mess for a reason. angel would be there if it was shot today tho LMFAO.
7. ps. no one cares what your name is. you chose to take your clothes off for profit boo. so keep doin it, make your money, and stop complaining. make a wikipedia page if you feel so relevant.
January 2, 2009
"This one’s been floating around like a hot air balloon, but we’ve just about confirmed it. For those that don’t know, Jay-Z left Def Jam as President last month, and everyone’s been talking about where he’s heading. While this might be one of his many other venutures, we just heard that Jay-Z is launching a record label with Apple. No, Beyonce will not be formally attached. This is from a high-up person attached to Jay (no, not who you’re thinking), and it’s said to be a go! Jay is supposedly totally into the business model, and really wants this to happen. Hey, Apple! Send us some MacWorld passes, and we’ll cut down on the leaks, ‘kay?"
MAN. got this thru the rosenthals from itsthereal.com via twitter. this is pretty nuts.. lets watch what happens.
January 1, 2009
this dude is the worst. muthafucka, what do you do? i dont see this dude behind turntables ever in life. WHAT IS YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN PURPOSE? you aint shit and you're never gonna be shit but a fuckin annoyance on an otherwise alright track. being rich isn't enough to impress me, i don't know about yall..
he needs to be demoted to the weed man in 09. someone call trick trick to put in some work! yung berg his ass.